Amber Cyprian is announcing Fast Pace for Headspace: A speedrun marathon raising money for Take This: a mental health nonprofit organization decreasing stigma and increasing support for mental health in games. This marathon will have no specific theme for the runs that can be submitted, so it is open to all to submit their runs!
Fast Pace for Headspace is currently planned for the dates of November 5th, 6th, and 7th from 10 AM ET - 10 PM ET each day. Three days of speedruns for a fantastic cause!
- Event Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/tgh_sr
- Event Discord: https://discord.gg/Pw7AXcd
- Take This About Page: https://www.takethis.org/about/
- Volunteer Application Form: https://bit.ly/FPFHVolunteerForm
- Volunteer Submissions Open: July 11th
- Game Submissions Open: July 23rd @ Midnight ET
- Game Submissions Close: September 19th @ 11:59 PM ET
- Event Schedule Release: October 10th
- Volunteer Submissions Close: October 10th @ 11:59 PM ET
- Mandatory Tech Checks for Accepted Runners: October 11th - November 4th
As a heads up to everyone interesting in submitting a run or applying to be a volunteer: The staff will be doing a social media runner vetting process for this event. Your information will not be shared without your explicit consent. Please be aware we are vetting all of our volunteers, runners, and their commentators during the lead-in to the event.
I have done this for every event I have organized over the last couple of years (I follow very very similar guidelines and procedures as GDQ does for vetting), but I want to make sure I am transparent about the fact this is a thing. If you don't have any public social media, don't worry! You are still allowed to submit and your submissions are still very welcomed, valid, and appreciated! <3
For people who want to submit as runners when submissions open:
We will be capping race/co-op submissions to 2 players at this time, but if we end up with the ability to host larger races/runs this will be updated!
If you plan to submit a race please bear this in mind: You will be required to have at least one commentator appointed to your run should it be accepted. Runner mics will not be hot during a race, but will be allowed before and after the race as the opening and closing to the run. From past experience, racer mics + commentator mics makes the race harder to follow, especially in an online format where talking over each other is inevitable because latency is a thing.
Webcam is never a requirement, it will always remain optional.