Welcome to Indiethon, a speedrunning marathon showcasing all types of indie games! For this year's mainline event, we'll be supporting Puppies Behind Bars! They train prison inmates to raise service dogs for wounded war veterans and first responders, as well as explosive-detection canines for law enforcement. Puppies enter prison at the age of 8 weeks and live with their inmate puppy-raisers for approximately 24 months. As the puppies mature into well-loved, well-behaved dogs, their raisers learn what it means to contribute to society rather than take from it. For over 20 years, Puppies Behind Bars have allowed inmates to raise over 1,000 puppies for veterans and emergency responders in the northeastern US.
- The event will take place on the Indiethon Twitch channel on the weekend of June 5th.
- Submissions are open from March 1st to April 18th at midnight ET.
- The schedule will be released 2 weeks later on May 1st.
For this marathon, we are looking for indie games! According to Wikipedia, a indie game is "a video game typically created by individuals or smaller development teams without the financial and technical support of a large game publisher". However, this isn't a hard definition, as there are many edge cases. The game's age or popularity doesn't matter. If you aren't sure if your game fits this definition, submit it anyway and let us be the judge! Some examples of indie games include: Celeste, Hollow Knight, Undertale, Super Meat Boy, Cuphead, homebrew games, and more!
Not only are we looking for indie games, we're also accepting game mods! For your submission to be considered, your game mod must change a large portion of the gameplay/world/other elements. Mods that change graphics, items, etc.. aren't acceptable as they don't change enough of the game. Examples of game mods includes: Kaizo Mario series, Super Metroid: Ascent, ROM Hacks, and more!
- You must be able to maintain a stream at 720p 30fps 1500kbps.
- You must be able to stream to a RTMP server. If you're not using OBS, SLBOS, or XSplit, please make sure your streaming software supports RTMP before submitting.
- A facecam is not mandatory but highly recommended for the overall quality of the stream. A vtuber does not qualify as a facecam.
- Commentary is not necessary but highly recommended in submissions.
- You must join the Discord after submitting, this is how we keep in touch with you.
Please make sure you meet all these requirements before submitting. Any questions can be directed to our tech lead, nicnacnic.
Can't submit a run but still want to help out? Become a volunteer! Experience is not necessary and we have numerous positions available such as hosts, restream, socials and chat mods. Please fill out this form if you're interested.
If you would like to promote your game/service during the event, please contact us via email at [email protected]
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via Discord or via email at [email protected] We look forward to seeing your submissions!