Indiethon Fall Follies 2022
Welcome to Indiethon, a speedrunning marathon showcasing all types of indie games! For this year's final event, we'll be supporting Caudwell Children! They provide a variety of services to help change the future of disabled and autistic children by providing diagnosis, equipment, services and support to help them lead a full and active life.
Caudwell Children was founded in March 2000, As a leading disabled children’s charity, Caudwell Children was recognized as the second largest voluntary provider of specialist equipment in the UK and is widely regarded as one of the fastest growing children’s charities.
To date, Caudwell Children has supported over 65,000 children.
- The event will take place on the Indiethon Twitch channel on the weekend of October 1st.
- Submissions are open from July 31st to August 29th at midnight ET.
- The schedule will be released 2 weeks later on September 11th.
For this marathon, we are looking for indie games! According to Wikipedia, a indie game is "a video game typically created by individuals or smaller development teams without the financial and technical support of a large game publisher". However, this isn't a hard definition, as there are many edge cases. The game's age or popularity doesn't matter to us. If you aren't sure if your game fits this definition, submit it anyway and let us be the judge! Some examples of indie games include: Celeste, Hollow Knight, Undertale, Super Meat Boy, Cuphead, homebrew games, and more!
Specifically for this event, we would like to put an emphasis on crazy, wacky, quirky, or otherwise weird indie games and categories! Submissions with these elements will receive bonus points during the selection process. However, don't worry if your game doesn't have any of these elements, as we still need a lot of regular indie games to fill our schedule!
Not only are we looking for indie games, we're also accepting game mods! For your submission to be considered, your game mod must change a large portion of the gameplay/world/other elements. Mods that change graphics, items, etc.. aren't acceptable as they don't change enough of the game. Examples of game mods includes: Kaizo Mario series, Super Metroid: Ascent, ROM Hacks, and more!
- You must be able to maintain a stream at 720p 30fps 1500kbps.
- You must be able to stream to a RTMP server. If you're not using OBS, SLOBS, or XSplit, please make sure your streaming software supports RTMP before submitting.
- A facecam is not mandatory but highly recommended for the overall quality of the stream.
- Vtubers or input displays may be accepted as a substitution for a facecam, however they must be reliable and of good quality.
- Commentary is not necessary but highly recommended in submissions.
- You must join the Discord after submitting, this is how we keep in touch with you.
Please make sure you meet all these requirements before submitting. Any questions can be directed to our tech lead, nicnacnic.
Can't submit a run but still want to help out? Become a volunteer! Experience is not necessary and we have numerous positions available such as hosts, restream, socials and chat mods. Please fill out this form if you're interested.
If you would like to promote your game/service during the event, please contact us via email at [email protected]
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via Discord or via email at [email protected] We look forward to seeing your submissions!