Lady Arcaders is throwing our first ever charity showcase event from September 23rd to September 25th, 2022! This event will benefit Rethink Breast Cancer.
Are you a woman in gaming? You're welcome to submit any type of showcase that you want, as long as it relates to games and gaming! Want to go fast? Show off your Animal Crossing town? Paint a mural? Compose some music? Bake a strawberry pie? Show off your game dev skills? Please submit your idea to this event! We want to showcase you!
All women are welcome, whether you're cis, trans, non-binary, or part of a marginalized group!
Would you like to host, commentate, or volunteer for the event? Fill out the volunteer submission form: https://bit.ly/lass-2022-volunteers
If you have any questions, feel free to send a message on the public or private Discord servers, or send a DM to ladyarcaders
[Important Notes for Submissions]
- You must abide by our Code of Conduct: https://ladyarcaders.com/code-of-conduct/
- You will need to have a stable internet connection and microphone to participate.
- You will be given a portable installation of OBS Studio that will broadcast to a private RTMP server. If you have commentators who need to react to events on your stream, you must be able to broadcast your stream to Discord so they can see it.
- Please note that the games you submit (name, estimate, game description, and category description) will be publicly visible, as well as the links to the videos submitted. Please keep this in mind when filling it out.
- When you are giving an estimate for your run, make sure you are estimating based on real time, not in game time.
- For your availability, make sure to include the entire length of time you'll be available. Sometimes we will fall behind or be ahead of schedule, and you will also need to check in 30 mins before your showcase to tech check.
- For your submission videos, in preference order, we look for previous event showcases -> dedicated submission video -> showcase with commentary
- Do I have to speedrun?
✨Nope! We welcome all sorts of showcases at different skill levels! We want to see unconventional stuff!
- Are trans women allowed to participate?
✨Absolutely 100%! F*ck off, transphobes! All women are welcome, whether you're cis, trans, non-binary, or part of a marginalized group! As long as you're cool with the label of "Lady", you're good! Lady Arcaders has a zero tolerance policy with regards to harassment and inappropriate behaviour.
- I'm nervous, I haven't really done something like this before.
✨That's okay! We can work with you to make you feel as comfortable as possible. We have a buddy commentator system, so if you'd like a second voice or someone to talk to during your showcase, we can set that up!
- Are long showcases allowed?
✨We were not planning on making this a 48 hour all-the-way-through event, BUT if we end up with showcases submitted that can run overnight (2am-12pm EDT, so 10 hours) with fun, engaging commentary, and an excellent internet connection, it could be possible. Make sure to note this in your submission.
[Important Dates - All Times in EDT]
- Submissions open on Tuesday, June 14th, 2022 at 12:00pm
- Submissions close on Monday, August 1st, 2022 at 12:00am
- Tentative Day 1 - Friday, September 23rd 2022 7:00pm-2:00am
- Tentative Day 2 - Saturday, September 24th 2022 12:00pm-2:00am
- Tentative Day 3 - Saturday, September 25th 2022 12:00pm-7:00pm
Lady Arcaders is an all-women's gaming collective. If you're a woman in gaming, whether it be casual, speedrunning, or development, you're welcome in this group! If you don't feel like submitting an application this time around we'd still love to have you in our community! Please feel free to send us a private message to request an invite to our Discord server 💌
If you are not ready to submit to a larger event like this, you are welcome to submit to Attract Mode!, our weekly show that we host over on Twitch. Feel free to submit to the Attract Mode to get a feel for showcasing! Attract Mode showcases make great submission videos, as well! Please feel free to submit a showcase to Attract Mode right here: https://bit.ly/la-2022-attract-mode
Rethink Breast Cancer's mission is to empower young people worldwide who are concerned about and affected by breast cancer by taking a breakthrough approach to education, advocacy, support, community building, and fundraising initiatives. From advocating for better health outcomes, to creating much-needed programs and resources that don’t exist anywhere else, to being the go-to hub for hard conversations, like how to deal with menopause when you’re in your 30s, Rethink is changing the breast cancer conversation.
Give ladyarcaders a follow over on Twitch, Twitter, or Instagram for news of upcoming news! We also have a public Discord server where you can get announcements about upcoming events (we run weekly events year-round!) and links to previous broadcasts.