At long last, Midwest Speedfest is returning to on-site events with our flagship event, Midwest Speedfest 2021, taking place at 2D Con 2021 in Minneapolis, Minnesota on August 27-29!
- Submissions open: Monday, May 17
- Submissions close: Saturday, June 19 (11:59pm CDT)
- Schedule reveal: Early July
- Volunteer applications: TBD
- Marathon begins: Friday, August 27
- Marathon ends: Sunday, August 29
- Midwest Speedfest 2021 will begin on the morning of Friday, August 27, and end on the evening of Sunday, August 29 (CDT).
- The marathon will take place at 2D Con 2021 (1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403).
- This event will be raising money for the OI Foundation; you can learn more about them at their website.
- Runners, commentators, and volunteers must register for and attend 2D Con 2021. To register ($40 to register in advance), go to 2D Con's website.
- As always, bigotry, harassment, and otherwise inappropriate and/or disrespectful conduct is not permitted. We reserve the right to bar a runner, commentator, or volunteer from participating in this and future events if we feel they have violated this rule.
- For more information, contact MWSF staff and/or check 2D Con's website.
- Potential runners must be able to attend 2D Con 2021 in Minneapolis, MN and perform your run on-site. Tickets to the convention are $40 (assuming you register in advance). If you are accepted but are absolutely unable to afford a ticket, please contact MWSF staff.
- Potential runners must also be in our Discord server, as that's our main method of communication.
- Submission videos must contain a completed run of the submitted game and category, under estimate, by the same runner(s) who submitted. Submissions that do not follow this rule will be disqualified.
- Commentary in submission videos is strongly recommended. If you cannot provide commentary in your submission video, feel free to link to another example of commentary somewhere in your submission info. This is not required, but good commentary will greatly improve your chances of being accepted. It is acceptable to have another person commentate for you, but they must also commentate your run if it's accepted (meaning they must also attend 2D Con 2021 in Minneapolis).
- More info for accepted runners will be given after the schedule is released.
- With our return to on-site events, the safety of everyone involved is our top priority.
- By July, the Minnesota Department of Health will have lifted all limits on gatherings, but this doesn't mean we or 2D Con will stop taking things seriously.
- We strongly encourage all attendees to get fully vaccinated before the event if able. By doing this, you'll help make things safer for those who cannot get vaccinated.
- Currently, 80% of adults in Minnesota are expected to be vaccinated by August 22.
- We will be wiping down all equipment between runs.
- If you feel sick, stay home, regardless of what your role in the marathon is. We'd much rather replace a run or find someone to cover volunteer shifts to protect everyone's well-being.
- As the marathon is still a few months away, things are still somewhat uncertain and subject to change. We will update this page with new information as soon as it becomes available. We'll also post in our Discord server and on our Twitter.
- For more information, visit 2D Con's website, and/or contact their staff.