For The Love of Gaming : 4th Bi-Annual Online Extravaganza
10th of Febuary to 12th of Febuary (pending submissions, and varying time-zones)
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE ON THE 20thth OF JANUARY!
ALL ACCEPTED RUNNERS ARE REQUIRED TO JOIN THE DISCORD: https://discord.gg/Kx8SNzyd8f - all are welcome to join :)
SCHEDULE UPDATES WILL HAPPEN ON DISCORD AND TWITTER. PLEASE FOLLOW/JOIN:
For The Love of Gaming's Online Extravaganzas showcase the speed games our runners are passionate about, with minimal restrictions on category - we accept single runs, 2 way races, co-op runs, and 3 way runs/co-op runs! If you've got a run you want to showcase, submit it!
The event will be held over at https://twitch.tv/FTLGMarathon
This event we're raising money for Starlight Children's Foundation
Starlight delivers happiness to seriously ill children and their families at more than 800 children's hospitals and healthcare facilities across the US.
Starlight programs include Starlight Gaming, Virtual Reality, better hospital gowns, toys, books, and arts and crafts. They can turn a hospitalized kid’s feelings of being overwhelmed and stressed out into hours of fun by providing them with the best in entertainment, education, and one-of-a-kind experiences — because a hospitalized kid is still a kid.
Schedule Release: Shortly after submission deadline.
The schedule will be available at our new schedule website: https://s.ftlg.org
SUBMISSION RULES & GUIDELINES:
- See that you fill out the form correctly with as much info as possible, this will make it easier for us.
- You must be able to stream in 720p60fps - 1080p60fps @ 3000kbps - 6000kbps. Go to https://speedtest.net - if you get at least 5mbps upload steadily on a few checks, you can submit. If you have any questions/concerns on this, please contact a staff member in the Discord!
- You will have to join the Discord before the submission deadline passes, The discord will be the main place for interaction before and during the event.
- For Console submissions, you have to be able to stream through OBS so sadly we will have to reject any submission streamed directly from Console.
- There is a limit of submissions per runner of 5, and a maximum of 3 categories per game
- All submissions require your own video. Either your PB-Run or a good run with informative commentary.
- Please state your availability as best as possible when submitting. Incorrect availability times may result in an incorrect time-slot, so make sure your availability is correct, as we cannot guarantee your run after incorrectly setting your available times. We will do our best, but cannot guarantee it. The shorter the availability window are, the harder it is for us to make this work too.
- Usage of Face Camera is not required, but is highly preferred.
- Emulator runs are allowed as long as emulator is not banned. (this means that games that hide emulator from the leader-board but don't ban them are also allowed)
- If you want to add donation incentives for your run we would be more than happy, just be sure to mention it in your submission or contact us directly.
Your Responsibilities: Be prepared, if problems arise please let any of the staff know in good time (DM in Discord to any of the staff members) so we can attend to the issues, act decently (we have no problem with you swearing or anything, just don't be a jerk & refrain from talking politics), keep an eye on the schedule if any changes will occur (also check Discord from time to time for the same reasons), Be ready for your run before the previous one ends.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact any of the staff members!