HMSR Summer is one of the Harvest Moon Speedrunning Community's two annual marathons, alongside Harvest Moon Valentines which we've held every February for the past 6 years. Harvest Moon isn't your traditional speed series, seeing as the games don't typically have intense or demanding gameplay. What makes going fast in Harvest Moon interesting is the very intricate routing, glitches, and hidden game mechanics/memory values you wouldn't come across playing casually. RNG can also cause a lot of variance (without necessarily losing time), requiring runners to reroute on-the-fly, adding a pseudo roguelike element to some runs.
- Submissions Period: May 8th - July 4th, 2022.
- Schedule Release: July 13th, 2022.
- Marathon Runtime: August 13th - 14th, 2022.
- This marathon is 100% online.
- Runners may submit as many games and categories as they please, including those not on Speedrun.com. Feel free to submit bingos, meme runs, races, TAS runs/demonstrations, etc.
- All games from the Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons / Bokujou Monogatari series are allowed.
- Webcams are allowed but not required, and do not affect your runs' chances of being accepted.
- Runners must stream their runs live (no vodcasts)* using a stream key provided by staff, which will be captured and re-streamed to the marathon channel. Please keep your settings at or below 1080p, 60 FPS, 6,000 KBPS bitrate.
*Pre-recorded runs are only allowed if necessary, i.e. for a TAS, but the runner must still show up and provide live commentary. Pre-recorded commentary is not allowed under any circumstances.