Speedromizer is back once again! The marathon where what you submit, is NOT what you run. Raising money for The Trevor Project!
Here's how it works:
- Submit a game with a run time under 1:30 (90 minutes) between December 18th, 2022 and January 22nd, 2023
- Tune into the draft lottery on February 5th where games will be randomly assigned to runners
- From the draft lottery you have 90 days to learn your game
- Marathon goes live on May 19th, at 12pm Central Standard Time
Games will be selected on a number of factors including but not limited to
- Average run time from all runs on the leaderboard
- Shaq Fu all categories
- Barney's Hide And Seek Game all categories
- The Legend of Zelda ALTTP any%
- Far Cry 4 - 6 Any%
- All Super Mario Maker 1 & 2 levels/level packs
- Any game over 1 hour 30 minutes
- Any game that has an average time on the leaderboards less than 10 minutes.
- Any game that is heavy in frame perfect glitches/tricks/setups
- Any game that requires the use of peripherals
- Any game that is Kaizo or Kaizo branded
- Any game that is heavily dependent on RNG
Q: What if the game I'm assigned contains content I'm not comfortable with or I find it very unenjoyable to run?
A: Contact a moderator in Discord, and we will gladly work with you to find a new game from the list of submissions.
Q: Can I submit a randomizer?
A: Yes! We are opening up submissions to allow randomizers for the first time. The randomizer should still be under the time limitation of 1:30 (90 minutes) but given the nature of the category, we'll be extending the estimates a little to a maximum of 2 hours. Please be aware that if someone drafts your randomizer submission, you will be expected to help them get everything set up. Randomizers can be overwhelming for those that haven't encountered them so we want to make sure we do everything to ease the process.
Q: What happens if I can't make it to the draft lottery on February 5th?
A: You can watch the VoD to see which game you were assigned or ask in Discord. You are not required to be available for the lottery but it is recommended if you like having fun.
Q: I've been assigned my game but after speaking with the person who submitted the game, we decided we would really like to do a race between the two of us. Is this allowed?
A: Absoheckinlutely, as long as both the runner and submitter agree to a race and have overlapping availabilities. Let a moderator know as soon as possible so we can adjust the schedule to fit both runners availabilities.
Q: It's the day I'm supposed to do my run but something has come up, and I can't do my run during my scheduled slot or possibly at all. What should I do???
A: Things happen and we completely understand. Let a moderator know you won't be able to perform your run and whether or not you are open to swapping to another time slot. You do not need to share any personal details. Having to drop out of a marathon at the last moment is extremely stressful but your health, both physical and mental, is much more important.
For further questions or details, please join our Discord server We can't wait to have you part of our next event.